My Kid Will Have Fries, Thanks



We all deal with them. The ones who think they are better at parenting your own child than you are. I rarely ever come across one of these rare individuals so when I do, I am able to contain myself a little better than most. Now this is different from a relative telling you something or giving you a suggestion, this is a complete stranger not knowing how to mind their own damn business...which is rude and intrusive. Now, these people have some nerve and I'm not sure if they are even aware of what they are doing or they just don't care. Here, I will give you an example...

After giving my son a hearty lunch, fit for a growing 10 month old, I decided to take him to the diner to meet my mother. My plan was to have him nibble at our food to see if he likes anything new while my mother and I had lunch. I also had his snack of puffs just in case and his bottle and juice. My point is, I was prepared for anything should he be hungry again or just curious.

When it was time to order, the waitress asked if she can get anything for the baby. I told her; "no, he is fine, he will just have some of our fries and stuff". 

Well when she returned with our drinks,she brought my son applesauce. I didn't order any applesauce. She then told me "it's healthier than fries".

God, how my blood boils just thinking about it! I wanted to throw the applesauce in her face and curse her out. I mean who was she to tell me what I should be giving my son? Not only did she try to undermine me as a mother but she made me feel like a shitty one at that. And there was no need for it.

So to any mother that I had some shitty comment to say to under my breath, in my head or out loud... This is my formal apology. I now know how it feels.

Comments

Popular Posts