Spring Cleaning 2018


It’s finally here! Spring! Well, it’s still winter by temperature standards but to the calendar it is spring and you know what that means…spring cleaning!



Second to Christmas, this is my favorite time of the year. Out with the old and in with the new. This year, I’ve decided to do a series and to break down my spring cleaning check list and share it with all of you. The main goal for me this year is to have a less-is-more approach. The main reason for this need to purge? I am overwhelmed some days. I work, I mom, I cook, I run errands, I see family and friends, I take kids to their activities and try to do some things for myself. So when I take a look around and see piles of clothes and toys scattered throughout every room of the house…I a) try to wish a maid into existence and b) snap back to reality and realize that I have got to choose between something I would really like to do and cleaning up this gigantic mess*. (*Disclaimer: I clean multiple times a day to try and avoid a gigantic mess, but because of the amount of toys we have and the amount of kids, it just happens.)

The funny part about my spring cleaning theme is that, I only moved into our home 6 months ago. When I was in the process of packing for the move, I purged so many clothes and toys and objects and yet… they’re baaaaaaaaaackkkk. See? Funny.

So those of you who know my blog know that I make lists. What type of Mommy Is The New Black series would this be without a detailed plan of attack? I’ve put together a spreadsheet of the Spring Cleaning plan I will be doing. Feel free to follow along and show me your progress! Or use my plan as a starting point or motivational tool. Either way…let’s take advantage of spring cleaning to throw away all of our kid’s toys!


           



Comments

Popular Posts