How Do I Say This Without Sounding Like I'm Crazy?

How do I say this without sounding like I'm crazy?


I get restless. Not only do I get restless but I also get focused on multiple things at once and obsess about them. I have not been diagnosed with anything. I don't know if this is "normal" or not but it's the best way I can describe what I go through on an almost daily basis. Let me explain before I start to sound crazy....

I have ideas of the things I want to do or what I want to achieve and I just go hands on trying to accomplish them...all...at one time.

The point of me airing out this little secret is because this obsessive behavior has me feeling overwhelmed. There just isn't enough time in a day to accomplish everything I want to. Honestly I want to be a marketing consultant, a mommy blogger, a vlogger, a photographer, a paralegal, a realtor, a decorator, an involved mom, an advocate, a best friend, a great wife, loving daughter, awesome friend, hard worker, a volunteer, a home owner, a saleswoman, an organizer, a traveler, a party planner, the list goes on and on.

When I think about everything I am trying to be and everything I am trying to do whether it be personal or professional, it makes me anxious. But after writing it all out I feel as though I have a better grasp of why I have been feeling so anxious and I can be honest with myself. I mean, look at that list. I have way too much I want to achieve and my main problem is that I have been trying to achieve doing them all, every day. I have to pick just a couple of things and dedicate myself to those few things rather than trying to do it all at one time.

The goal of writing this out is so I can just let it all out. I can un-jumble my brain and make sense of why I feel so overwhelmed with "to dos". Some of these goals or to dos are simply not going to be achieved in a day. I can see this clearly now. Some of these are ongoing and some I have to let go. I think that will take some personal reflection on my part but seeing it all laid out in words rather than ideas floating in my head has helped me visualize what I am trying to achieve and why I feel so overwhelmed! That's a lot I have been juggling on a daily basis! From here I can develop a plan and prioritize what I want and when I want to do certain things by.

This is one of the reasons I like having a blog. I can let out my thoughts and figure out life. I have always been a writer so this is just how my brain makes sense of things. Words help. I hope that this method could help someone else going through something similar. It doesn't have to be in a public blog, it could be in a journal or on a video; anything that can help you organize your thoughts and feelings is a positive step. I couldn't imagine just holding it all in all the time. I would be full of fears, anxieties, thoughts and sadness probably.

At the end of the day your mental health is just as important as your physical health. So whatever you have to do to make yourself feel healthy...do it. :)


Comments

Popular Posts