Quarantined

Hello Everyone!

It has been a little over a year since I've blogged. No, this blog was not forgotten. In fact, it has been on my mind every single day. So why have I been so distant? The answer is simple and complicated...life. Life is the reason I have not had the chance to write.

When I began my blog, I was a first time SAHM whose husband was busy working. I had no one else to talk to. I had no hobbies. I had very little time for myself and I was rediscovering myself in my new stage of life. Now, years later, I am happy to report that I have finally (semi) figured out who the new Me is.

Since my last blog post, I started working at an amazing company doing what I absolutely love to do! I managed to get my kids into school and balance being a full time working mother to two children who go to two different schools. I also happened (in my spare time) to sell my Father's house in another state and get him to move here in Jersey with my Grandma. I built a more honest relationship with my Mom. Somewhere in between, my husband has become very supportive of me and the direction I want to go in my life and has stood by my side through all of these changes. And up until yesterday, I was getting up at 5:00 am to get to the gym and work on myself before I started my full day. (I had also mentioned that I was working on our credit, more on that in a different blog!)

So why the sudden reemergence? Well...I'm quarantined! After all of these years of working hard to become who I am today, I am back to where this blog all began...sitting at home with my kids. Luckily, my job allows me to work from home right now. Which is easy to do since I'm in marketing. But, I'm sure as an employer, there will be a tough decision to be made on whether we close completely or if we continue to work remotely. I'm not looking forward to that but we are living in fear right now of this virus and of the unknown.

As I mentioned before, I have been thinking about my blog every single day. I always dabble in turning it into a YouTube channel but that means little to no privacy for me and my family. Not that I'm so famous or anything but I do have all of you who read my blog and keep up with me and I truly appreciate that! I just like to have some privacy in this mad, mad world.

In the past year I have just been focusing on using my marketing talents for my work and my free time on myself and my family. Now that we are all quarantined, I'm ready to start back up a bit. Thank you all for sticking around all these years!

Keep up with me here and on Instagram!

Popular Posts