BIG News

After taking a little break from blogging, I have finally returned. I know, you must of missed me and didn't know what to do without reading my little entries every week. It's ok though, I am back and I am back with some news...


WE ARE EXPECTING!!!


That's right! We are expecting our second child. We are still in the early months but the cat is out of the bag and I feel fantastic about it, even though I feel shitty in every other aspect and I cannot wait to tell you all about it. Welcome to my SECOND PREGNANCY. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn...


So, things have been hectic to say the least. Not for anyone else in my family, everyone is still pretty much doing the same stuff they always have, but for me on the other hand, I have been on a strict schedule of vomiting and sleeping. That is pretty much it. Oh, and then depending on the day I will either be crying, smiling or yelling. The best way to describe how I feel is a like a tornado. A bunch of different emotions and body aches and changes going on all at once with no rhyme or reason. It's tumultuous and I'm destructive. I have never felt so tired in my entire life. Obviously, I cannot sleep all day because I do have a 16 month old running around who needs my attention, so the second pregnancy is by far more difficult than my first.

I have been told that every pregnancy is different and so far everything about that statement is true. My body expanded the minute I conceived, I am sure of it. One day, early on, I couldn't fit in my jeans. It took about 6 months last time for me to switch over to maternity clothes, this time, I'm only 3 months and in them already. My uterus is the size of a watermelon. Alright, I may be exaggerating just a bit there, but it is blowing up much faster than the last time making me look like I'm further along than I actually am. It is a little depressing to see all that weight I lost beginning to return in the form of an expanding uterus.

I'm also sick...did I mention that yet? Crazy sick. I actually just went to the doctor for it yesterday and was prescribed some medication that is safe to take while pregnant. Hopefully it gives me some relief because as it turns out, I am also dehydrated. This has been causing me to become dizzy and feel faint which could result in me falling and being hurt or hurting the baby so it's important to always make sure you consult with your doctor for anything you feel isn't right. Although this is my second pregnancy, it may as well be my first because it is a completely different experience from the last time. So I'm not afraid of asking my OBs anything. That's why they get paid the big bucks, right? So...sorry for calling your office 3 times a day but I'm not sorry. :)

I knew this wouldn't be a walk in the park this time around. Besides all the physical and emotional changes, we can't forget that I now am home with a toddler all day and while I wouldn't change that for anything, it is not as easy as you'd expect it to be before I got pregnant so doing it both at the same time is even harder. It's challenging but rewarding. He is learning so much and growing and becoming his own person. He knows what he likes and doesn't like, but he also has learned to throw temper tantrums (more on this in another blog). But just when we were getting use to our routine and being able to go out more and do a few things here and there, I have been sitting on the bench so to speak for the past few months. I miss my days of freedom or at least the little bit of freedom I had. Goodbye friends and family, hello couch and toilet.

Hopefully this doesn't last too much longer, it is usually the 1st trimester and I'm really hoping I get all that energy back that I had with my son during the 2nd trimester. Oh I can remember it like it was yesterday... staying up till 9:30, being able to have energy to clean and go out! Oh memories!

Side note: as I write this, I turn around to see my toddler has found my cup of water and has spilled it on the rug. He is now playing with the wet spot and straw...and so my day begins...

Until next time.


Comments

Popular Posts