No Judgement Zone

I'm not an amazing mother. I am not perfect. I mess up...a lot. I'm pretty sure I've done things here or there that I feel weren't the best decisions in hind sight. I'm not saying I do anything crazy or dangerous. I'm just saying that parenting is all about learning. There isn't one right way to do anything and there shouldn't be any judgment from other mothers on how each mom handles her own children or life. That's how I feel for the most part until Sunday came around...

With my husband and two children in tow, we went to the Outlets for some light shopping and to just get out into the fresh air. I suppose everyone had the same idea because it was packed! There were so many people that the parking lot was filling up fast and the waiting game had started. While driving down the isles looking for a spot to park our SUV, we saw people growing impatient. Horns began honking, stop signs were ignored and the store fronts began to resemble an elementary school's morning drop off. Fine...I get it, you and your children want out of your cars, mine do too. However, when my husband and I saw a van pull up next to us while we both waited for the line of cars to move on our respected sides of the isle, the van door slid open exposing a child, no more than 5 years of age standing in the back and a sibling (I assume) still his car seat.

While the door remained opened in a busy parking lot, full of cars and impatient drivers, I thought perhaps the mother who was driving, would get out of the vehicle and close the van door, locking it and making sure that 5 year old was securely fastened in his seat. Instead, traffic began to move forward and this mother did not hesitate to go with the flow.

To say we were shocked would be an understatement. I mean I can stomach a lot when it comes to a mother's survival with children. I don't judge because I let my child eat Goldfish off the floor and stay in his pajamas all day. As long as there is no danger involved, I'm cool with however mothers make it through their day but this was too much. I get forgetting to lock a door but come on. Don't you see your child in the rear view mirror standing up behind you? Don't you see your van door is wide open and your f*cking kids can fall out? Don't you think you should close the damn door before DRIVING OFF????

This is one of those moments where there I judge and I judge hard. It's this type of mother that makes me realize that some people just shouldn't be parents.

Moral of this story: get your shit together when you're a mom. Your kids come first (especially their safety) over a parking spot every time. The end.

Comments

Popular Posts