SPRING CLEANING

It’s that time of year again. It’s time for SPRING CLEANING! YES! My favorite time of year because I’m a loser and love to organize and clean and purge! Ugh. It just makes me feel so good inside. Like I said…I’m absolutely, bat-shit crazy for Spring Cleaning! (And yes, Spring Cleaning deserve to be capitalized because it is like a week long holiday).

I’m going to go ahead and say I’m not your typical Spring Clean-er. I go overboard. I go way overboard. I think I even scare my husband when I say I’m going to Spring Clean. Anyway…I have a process. I have goals and I stick to them. That’s the most important thing here, you have to be dedicated to actually do that deep clean and purge that you need to do. I’m going to say this; even though this list I’m going to show you looks intimidating and like a lot of work, it is so worth the end result. I cannot express to you how refreshing it feels to know that all the dust bunnies that hide in the deepest corners of my closets and those way too small collection of pants that have been taking up room in my dresser are gone! It’s like starting with a blank canvas. All the little projects that have been put off can finally be tackled. All those home improvements and organizing solutions can finally take priority. I also have to add how cathartic it is and how proud you feel once it’s all accomplished.

Side Note: I understand that my husband did share this house with other women but the amount of absolute craziness and grossness I found when I first moved in, had luckily been cleared out (by yours truly) the moment I moved in (as were the paint and decor choices- thank God). But, after cleaning the cabinets in the kitchen and really getting all the way to the furthest corners of these shelves during this Spring Cleaning, I discovered about 40 coffee mugs and 30 wine glasses. My husband does not drink coffee nor does he drink wine. I believe I married a Hoarder. 


So here is my Spring Cleaning list and excuse the check marks and possible misspellings. I was not going to share this, but I told a few people what I was doing and they wanted a sneak peak of it to get some cleaning and organizing goals of their own. So I thought this may be inspirational to others. Happy Spring Cleaning to all and to all a good night.




Comments

Popular Posts