Decorating Your Home On A Budget-For Winter



Oh, Hello Kirkland’s!

When I think of Winter, I think of cozy days snuggled up inside our home while the calm snow falls all around making it seem as though we are caught in a giant snow globe. I imagine snow, deer, paid, soft candle light and pops of red and white. So this year I made a goal for myself; that I would make our new house feel much more inviting and a place that makes us feel comfy and cozy this winter season. My first dilemma was trying to find decor that matched up to my thought of what a “winter” home should look like and what I could use to make my home not look as though we were still celebrating Christmas all the way into March. I also love to shop on a budget, and so my mission began….
I had the absolute pleasure of visiting a Kirkland’s for the first time and luckily it just so happened that they were having their after Christmas sale. I went a little overboard, I have to admit. I went in with zero expectations but when I walked through those glass doors, I felt instantly inspired! 
I should begin by saying that I am a huge believer in sales. I do not believe a person should pay full price for anything if they can help it. In this instance, I could help it! I tore through their “Christmas decor” and saw things that could be used for the winter months not just for Christmas.
I found so many things that were considered Christmas decorations for 75% off. Well, if you have any imagination what-so-ever, you will notice right away that these “decorations” could have multiple uses. 
My favorite things I found were ornaments that I cut the string off of and made into winter decor. My main focus was our fireplace mantel in our living room. I wanted to have something (other than family photos) to place upon the mantel that would represent both family and winter. I think I hit the jackpot. 
In the picture below, I show how I decorated for the winter. All while using Kirkland’s discounted Christmas Decor.
With a little imagination and a few episodes of Fixer Upper, I was able envision multiple uses for these pieces and achieve this look. I think it turned out pretty nicely, what about you?




 

Comments

Popular Posts