Mommy Is The New Black

Let me just start by stating the obvious...becoming a mother is a life changing experience. From the moment that doctor hands you your precious bundle of joy, you are now and forever known simply as "Mommy".

For some women, this transition comes naturally. To them I say "cheers!", to others like myself it is a bit more difficult to relish in all this new change so quickly. You lose yourself in piles of dirty diapers, midnight feedings, laundry and yes, even spit up. Somewhere in that delivery room between your pushing and screaming, you lose your old identity and gain a whole new one.

Now, don't think for one moment that I regret one bit of this decision. My boy is worth every single sacrifice I have made and those that I haven't had to yet. However, all of these changes, both physically and emotionally, are just as new to me as becoming a mother.

So after six weeks, countless tears and long talks with my fiance later, I have decided to take control of this new stage of life, rather than have it control me. Sure, my jeans don't fit, I'm covered in spit up and have little social interaction with an actual adult, but I'm still the same person. Right???

So this is a blog about that balancing act. Just sharing my experiences and advice to other new moms so that they know they are not alone in this new beginning. And especially for me. :)

Comments

Popular Posts