Cold O'Clock






Of course... Just when I was getting into the new routine of waking up at 5 am to get ready for work and bring my son to nursery school on time... he catches his first cold!

Not one week into nursery school and my poor boy was sick! A common cold, but a messy, uncomfortable cold nonetheless. I wish I could have switched places with him. I can't describe the amount of guilt I felt when having to leave him to go to work. Oh yes, that little thing called my job took away all of my sick, vacation and personal time as it's their "policy". What kind of job does that to a new mother? I guess mine but I digress. The guilt I felt was indescribable. But, seeing as how it was just a cold I figured it would be ok.

WRONG!

Days of runny nose, teary eyes, fever, coughing, vomiting and feeling just plain miserable later, I have survived baby's first cold! We did it! I have to say I was nervous about everything. Whatever I read warmed me about pneumonia, seizures and anything else you can imagine. Luckily, we have the best pediatrician who was able to calm me down about everything. And that's what you need when you are a first time mom- an excellent pediatrician. If you have that, you can handle anything.

I was warned that between his shot, teething (two bottom teeth!!) and nursery school, baby WILL get sick. It is enevitable. It's horrible when it happens the first time but you will get through it and learn from it. My two lessons that I have learned from this virus invasion is 1) you NEED an amazing pediatrician and 2) BOOGIE WIPES. Lots of Boogie Wipes!!! I went through a whole pack in four days!!! So amazing. Get them. The end.





Comments

Popular Posts