The BIG Day...

Our wedding was beautiful. It was perfect. It was how I wanted it. Small and intimate. I feel so settled knowing that I am married and get to say the word Husband when referring to the father of my child and the love of my life. It's an indescribable sense of relief. Getting to the alter however was more of a whirlwind. A crazy, unpredictable, mess of chaos! But hey, this is us...would it be any other way??

To say that I have been overwhelmed would be an understatement. Even as I write this now, my nerves are still frazzled. I can honestly say that if I was ever unsure if I have had a panic attack before, I am CERTAIN I know what they are now and that I have had at least one a day for the past two weeks! But, even as I pop a Xanex and I talk myself down from one now, I am happy to say it was all worth it! All of it. All of the hiccups, the stress, the anxiety, the happiness, the excitement, the planning, the saving. It was worth it. I am now the wife of the greatest man there is. Of course, our story of how we survived the two weeks prior to our big day, NEEDS to told!

Two weeks before our wedding, our little boy got sick for the first time. Fever, runny nose, cough, the works! As a new mom, I panicked! I bought Boogie wipes, set doctor appointments, called the doctor nonstop and kept my little boy close. Just when I thought we had the virus under control and out of our lives just in time to walk down the isle...my throat began to hurt. 

An emergency trip to my doctor led me to inhaling a ZPAK on the Tuesday before our wedding. Everything was taken are of, I will be better in no time and then BAM! A RASH!!! A full body, little red dot, itchy as f*ck RASH!!! Are you F'ing kidding me??!! To my shock and horror my doctor believed I was having an allergic reaction to my ZPAK. Since I'm asthmatic I was told to get to the hospital NOW!

So I got in my car, leaving work, shaking and freaking out. I did nearly 90 on the Parkway. I started to panic! I guess the fear of having this happen right before my wedding was too much for me to handle! I pulled over and called 911, I was done trying to remain calm, I was in complete panic mode. 

Cut to one ambulance ride- ER visit later...I was home. Safe and sound after a traumatic day. Still unsure what it was I had, there was nothing I could do but try and finish everything for the wedding with this damn rash all over me. I prayed it wouldn't get to my face.

Then a phone call from my stepson's mother... HE TOO HAD THE RASH!
This was all I could take! We are all going to be a rash covered, sick as a dog family on our wedding day! And still with so much to do!

After another doctor visit, it turned out that we had Coxsackie. And there was nothing we could do but wait for it to run its course.

As though it was enough that within two weeks I went back to work, my husband started a new job, my baby started nursery school, we were planning a wedding, of course we all get sick on top of it! So I went to pick up my dress which was to be steamed. When I got to the bridal shop at 6 on the dot as I was suppose to, I was informed that my dress was not done. In fact, it was not even touched!!! It sat there for two weeks!! I was dizzy with nervousness. Let's just say I was not a happy customer and had them get their shit together now to fix this. And they did :)! Things were looking up.

The rash went away, the baby and my stepson felt great. Everything was done in time. The big day was finally here!

The day of our wedding was suppose to be 80 and full sunshine. What we got was rain and clouds! Everything that could go wrong was going wrong. The beach was crowded (I hate an audience) and I actually forgot how to get to the ceremony! Then I remembered, we never gave the officiant the location address! And she wasn't answering my texts.

But as time went on, I realized at this moment, the moment I am about to get married to the love of my life, I was as calm as I have ever been. The clouds went away, the people congratulated me. Everything was perfect. Everything bad happened before this moment to make this moment perfect! I would go through it all over again in a heartbeat! And now I get to spend the rest of my life with the man if my dreams. 

Comments

Popular Posts