New Years Resolutions

I have been told for many years, never make too many resolutions because you will always wind up disappointed. Well, I think that's just the way failures think. It's lazy and I'm a go-getter. I think you should have as many as you can think of. What's wrong with writing down a few (or in my case 17) things you want to work on for the new year? I already have the mentality that it is impossible to be perfect, but I can strive for perfection in a few areas, everyone can. It's what helps us be better people. I am not going to share everything on my list, some things are just for me and are boring. But I will share this one important one...be positive. 

I am a nervous wreck due to anxiety about 47% of the time. I like to have control over everything in my life. That is actually impossible due to unexplained forces of nature, but I have realized that by thinking positively, I am happier, less stressed and just in a better mood. It's harder now with so much going on and doesn't it always happen where when one thing goes wrong it turns into a domino effect? Isn't that always the case? Well, luckily my husband doesn't allow me to dwell too long on these types of things. He is a great supporter of this mental exercise. He is really good at it and that's why I came up with the resolution-I would love to be a little more positive. Which brings me to the second phase of achieving such a goal...getting rid of the negative people in your life.

Everyone has them. Those friends who are all doom and gloom. Or those acquaintances who only seem to be around when your world is falling apart. Misery does love company they say. Or the Facebook friends who post those depressing stories or images of starving, beaten puppies and babies? Yeah, they all need to go. You can't be seeing that sh*t or hearing that sh*t when you are trying to remain in a positive mood. So I went through my Facebook and had to befriend a lot of people or I just blocked seeing their posts. I mean, if I really care, I'll go looking for them. I also cut out those people in my life. Those friends who just want to talk about their relationship problems no matter how many times you try to be positive and help boost their self esteem. Yeah, I stopped talking to those masochists because you may not notice how it will secretly affect your own.


Once that was all out of the way, I actually felt lighter. I felt a lot better not seeing those poor chickens dying for McDonalds Nuggets every hour. And my marriage felt stronger by not hearing about how all guys are shady, assholes every day at work. :)

Of course, I'm not 100% positive all the time. I am still having my negative moments. But hey, it's only the end of January, I have 11 months to go! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts