Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself







Now that I have begun to make my blog and social media more public, I realized that some of you know nothing (or very little) about me. And if you're reading my blogs and following me, don't you kinda want to know who I am? You know...to make sure I'm not crazy? Well, don't worry because I am here to reintroduce myself.

For the past four years I have had this blog. Nothing crazy. Nothing special. I started my blog because I had my first child and became a stay-at-home mom shortly after. And I will be blunt...I was losing my f*cking mind! I was home alone with a baby after being a working woman for the last 14 years of my life. To say it was a huge transition would be an understatement. It was a monumental life change. Everything hit me all at one. I was a new mother, my body was nothing like it was before, I had postpartum depression and anxiety. I had completely lost myself. I was basically just a walking zombie who took care of a baby all day and I needed someone or something to get me back. So I began writing.

I studied English in college and was working toward a career in advertising and marketing when I became a mother for the first time. I felt as though my brain was turning to mush. Don't get me wrong, I loved being a SAHM. I loved seeing my boy everyday and knowing that I was the one taking care of him. It's a big accomplishment to keep a human being alive everyday and night so I was proud of myself. But I also lost myself in all of this change. Did I mention I also became a wife and step mother that same year? No? Oh yeah...that happened too! I was on the fast track to a complete life makeover and I wasn't fully prepared for how it would hit me.

In order to rediscover myself, I started my blog. It's a mixture of tips and tricks of how to keep your house, life and family in order without losing your sanity on a daily basis. It's also about the hilarity that comes with being a parent and the real life moments that make you laugh and cry at the same time. It's also about learning how to cope with all the changes you go through as a woman and a mother and a wife and a stepmother. It's fun, it's sad, it's confusing, it's my life.

So for a little while I was lonely and didn't know any friends with kids. My blog saved my sanity to have something to focus on that was just for me. It helped me through my postpartum depression and anxiety. It helped me get laugh out of at all the chaos of having two boys so close in age. And it introduced me to a whole new community online of fun, cool moms who were in the same boat as me. With the blog I didn't feel so alone. I mean, my husband is great and amazing and understanding but he isn't a woman. He isn't a Mom and he wasn't a stay-at-home Dad so he could only imagine what I was going through- he wasn't living it. These other Moms who read my blog, these other women, they got it. They got me.

So, as I matured as a mother, my blog matured as well. I have always been a Type A personality and loved planning and cleaning and organizing. Those pieces of me stayed through my transition into motherhood. They calmed me then and they still do today so I'm happy to share my tips and tricks on how I organize my now family of five (we have my stepson every weekend) and how I make life a little easier for all of us. And I love sharing the products I'm using that make Mom life simpler. (As if that's even possible).

So now, here I am. A 32 year old mother of two boys ages 4 and 2. I am also a stepmother to my husband's 11 year old son from a previous relationship. Together we live at the Jersey Shore. We both work, my husband full time and I work part time. We love to travel to local places and try out new things. We are a fun family. But getting back to the star of the show...ME...

I'm a huge makeup geek. I love all things makeup and I have pretty much tried every brand and product on the market. I love me some wine and some good food and I'm not afraid of eating, which is great for our local restaurant businesses. As I mentioned before, I love to plan and organize and clean. I love to try new places and share my opinion on...well...everything. I love my blog and writing. I may not be the best at it, I may not be the best writer, but I enjoy it and I am enjoying seeing where it all takes me.

So feel free to check out my Facebook & Instagram @mommyisthenewblack where I plan on sharing a little more of me, a little more often.



Comments

Popular Posts