Gerber vs. Up & Up Puffs

Besides the obvious price difference of about 50 cents in Target, the size is why I purchase the Up & Up brand. The Gerber  Puffs seem very large for my son. He began eating puffs around 6 months (he had a lot of teeth) and would always seem to gag on them. We would have to break them up so that he could eat them safely. This became a concern for when he was in daycare, we worried that they would not remember to break them apart   for him.

When we discovered the Up & Up brand, the size was about half of the Gerber Puffs, which made snack time much safer and easier for my son and for everyone involved. It was also easier for him to pick up and feed himself.

Flavor wise, they are about the same (yes, I eat them too) and they both disolve rather easily.

I know a lot of parents are afraid of trying the store brands, as I was as a new mother, but the outcome was very surprising. I completely perfer the store brand over the Gerber brand. So if you are looking to introduce puffs into your little one's life, try the store brand until they have mastered chewing and swallowing, it definitly helped my husband and I with our son. He loves them and can't get enough now. Oops!

Comments

Popular Posts