Black Looks Good On Me Anyway




Unless you are a Stepparent, it is very hard to describe the relationship you have with your Stepchild. You are not quite their Parent and not quite their friend either. There is a fine line you must walk in order to make this stepparent thing actually work. It's a constant struggle. I'm not going to lie, some days I feel like I am over stepping my boundaries and then at other times I feel as though I should be doing more. This becomes even more complicated when you have your own child that you are raising. It's hard to always remember that your Stepchild was raised differently and you have to respect that while at the same time being true to how you want to raise your own child. The difficulty is unbearable at times and it's hard to run a house with two children being raised two different ways but you love them equally and want to treat them the same.

Discipline is especially hard. You don't want to reprimand someone else's child, but you don't want them to misbehave either. I try to leave a lot of important decisions for my husband and give him the more authoritative role but sometimes there has to be a trade off or else (just as though we would be discipline our child) one will be "good cop" and the other "bad cop" and that's just unfair as Parents. There should be equal disciplining and rewarding from both Parents as far as I'm concerned.

Luckily I hit the jackpot as far as Stepson is concerned. We have love for each other and have fun together. I would always want him to feel as though he can confide in me and come to me with any problems and still see me as fun! But, I also want to make sure he knows that I am an authority, especially in front of my son and that some things just can't be tolerated. So I hope that in time, we continue this relationship we have and he never views me as an Evil Stepmother, but should he ever, I found this article to be extremely encouraging.




EVIL STEPMOTHER

Comments

Popular Posts