LOOK BOOK







While dealing with my (currently not so perfect) post baby body, I have decided to not buy any new clothes for a while. So far, that has lasted about 3 months. But, as the world knows, a woman just NEEDS clothes. I mean, I buy my son clothes constantly because he is growing. Well, while I'm shrinking, (slowly but surely)  I still don't fit into all my old clothes and the ones I do fit into are starting to resemble potato sacks. I'm actually beginning to feel more uncomfortable now then I did before because I am in a limbo period. So, I am realizing that purchasing a few pieces here and there may not be the worst investment I've ever made.

But, I don't just want to run to Forever 21 and go through mounds of chaotically placed articles of various clothing and styles. Am I Boho Chic? Tribal? Preppy? Ugh, who has time to figure it all out?! Doesn't this store know I need to make this quick and painless? I have a child to feed in an hour damn it! So instead, I opted for Stitchfix to help me out. This isn't a Just Fab site where they show you a bunch of styles and then out of what you picked they give you the shoes that best fits your "style". No, it's much more detailed than that. The craziest part? I didn't feel like I had to rush through it to get to the other side of the rainbow (so to speak). You WANT to answer all the questions and go in-depth with what YOU want, not some computer generated "pick which picture is more attractive to you". I even linked it to my Pinterest board which contains a board specifically for the styles I like. I've heard nothing but amazing responses from the women I know who use this company, so I figured I'd give it a try. I am set to receive my first "fix" on October 18th. I have to admit, I'm very excited and intrigued to see how my answers will reflect on the pieces that are chosen for me.

(On a side note, I plan on getting rid of Birchbox...if I get one more black eyeliner, I'm going to flip. In every single box? REALLY? Enough already, send me something NEW. I was really on Birchbox's side for a few months, but now it's getting to the point where it's the same old organic, foul smelling lotions and black eyeliner, which although I love me some black eyeliner, I don't need it in every box.)

Another idea I've had was to go back to a time where I would watch YouTube videos on styling outfits. I did, but I don't always have time to sit there and watch and listen to videos. So, I opted for the blog route...duh! While hunting for some obtainable fashion blogs for my mom-on-the-go-business-woman lifestyle, I found Wendy's Lookbook. To say I'm a fan is an understatement. I LOVE it. She includes a little btt of everything in her looks. From office attire, to date nights, to lazy weekends, she has a style for it all. So I'm excited to try and replicate some of her ideas! Check it out for yourself and see what I mean! :)

WENDY'S LOOKBOOK HERE


Comments

Popular Posts