A little review of something new

So, after a round of pink eye that circulated through my house, it was time for a few new makeup items. So, armed with my coupons, I went to Harmon for my favorite drug store makeup Maybelline Mascara! While I was there, I saw some E.L.F. products. I have used an eye shadow brush of theirs and loved it, so when I saw a whole bunch for only $1.00 each, I had to try them all out. I also notice they had some $2.00 options as well so I picked up a few things just to try. I know a lot of women have a strict budget and can't always shop at Sephora so for a couple bucks, I thought I'd test it out.

Here is what I picked up:




Here are my reviews on what I used so far:

I got the color "Blushing". Pretty nice, even coverage. A little sparkly for my tastes but the perfect shade of pink for my fair skin. It only took one swipe to apply (with my own blush brush, not the one that came with it). It lasts all day. I've tried this and everything else two days in a row just to double check.

Great color! It is called "Marc".Smooth application and it is more like a lip stain rather than gloss. It is highly pigmented and a great matte finish. Lasts about 5-6 hours until application is needed, a little more if you are eating and drinking. I also don't feel as though I am wearing anything on my lips when it is on. It is not sticky or heavy. It has yet to smear and I actually like this product more than my actual lip stains and lip sticks.

I have been using E.L.F. eyeshadow brushes for a while, I find that they hold the eyeshadow really well and make it easier to apply it to my eyelid with great coverage. This is the smudge eye sponge that I used under my lash line. It's a little rough, but it helps keep the smudging to a designated area rather than using a regular eyeshadow applicator.


Not impressed Maybelline and I LOVE your products! I'm still an Angel Wings and Rocket Girl. I have long, thick lashes and it's easy to get volume with I use mascara but the Pumped Up Colossal was a bit disappointing, it didn't do much pumping up but it did coat my lashes easily, no clumps or mess. I had my eyes tear from the cold wind and it has not run either so all those are a plus. It was $5.99 I believe with a $1.00 coupon I acquired through the Harmon flyer and for the $5.00 it's not a bad mascara, it just isn't as great as all of their others.

At the end of the day...

I still have a few more to go through but I wanted to test these out for two days just to see how they lasted. So far, I liked all of the E.L.F. products a lot more than I thought. Usually I stick with Sephora for my makeup choices which are a little costly so I was REALLY surprised that for a couple bucks I got great products! I would definitely recommend the ones I tried to anyone, especially if you are on a budget or afraid to commit to a new color or try something a little different.





Comments

Popular Posts