My Weekend Project

This weekend I have a HUGE project! Last week was getting my stepson's room ready for guests (sounds like a piece of cake, but if you knew how many toys he has you would understand that it was a time consuming project), this weekend it's a little bit more fun and something I have never done before.

Here is the back story:

My 9 month old boy is precocious to say the least. He is crawling everywhere and getting daring when it comes to exploring. He finds our wood/glass coffee table to be both the perfect object to hide under and the most convenient piece of furniture to help him stand and walk. Problem with this is that A) it's glass and B) it's a bit dangerous. I know boys will be boys but I am constantly running to catch him before he loses his balance and bumps his head or when he decides to play underneath it's glass top and attempts to stand. So, I thought of getting a large ottoman to take it's place. When I discovered how much one of those decorative ottomans cost, I decided to figure something else out instead.

That's when I came across a blog where there was a DIY tutorial on creating such an ottoman on Domestic Superhero's page:




Link:
Ottoman!

It looks pretty simple, I may tweak a few things here and there, such as the buttons (because SOMEONE loves to eat these fabric buttons) and the legs but overall, it is a great way to begin and looks like a fun project.

To get organized, I used one of my FAVORITE blogger's FREE printable from IHeatOrganizing, which you can download for free as well, here's the link:

Free Printable

The sheets look like this:


I use all of her printables, they are so bright and fun and easy to use. They make all of my projects more simple to take on.


Now the fun begins...STAY TUNED!


Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comments

Popular Posts