Pinterest Fail

Oh Pinterest. You make me love and hate you in a single heartbeat. I search you for creative DIYs, gather inspiration and try my damnedest to replicate my findings. If I could compare you to something tangible and real it would be one of those people who make a fake eHarmony profile. They start by using an old picture that doesn't resemble their true self and then create a bio where they capture the essence of the perfect partner.

Your name rolls off my tongue so gently...Pinterest. I'm instantly intrigued. You pull me in with your charming smile and your similar interests and I take a chance on you. I doubt myself the entire time. I believe I'm not good enough to try to have you. I put in a lot of effort to make it work and when I do get the courage to commit, I am shocked to see the real you. You are nothing like you said you were.

This is Pinterest. A horrible array of eHarmony profiles. Everything looks so perfect and easy. Organized and clean. Everything you see in those expensive furniture or design stores could all be yours if you just "pin it". What a joke. Pinterest, you are a liar! I tried your little experiments, nothing ever turns out like you say it will. Could be because of me, but I figure it's not because I am not alone in my plight. However, when I do complete my Pinterest task of the day, I sit back and gander at what is and what could have been and I cannot help but laugh and enjoy myself. So starts the vicious cycle all over again. And why not? After all, don't all women prefer the funny guy over the hot one?

Comments

Popular Posts