STAY-AT-HOME CALCULATOR

Things are getting a bit tough in our house... my boy is 9 months old and he knows when his mommy is leaving for work. :( I HATE IT! Moments like this make me wonder if I had made the right decision to go back to work or if I should have been a stay-at-home-mom. I know financially it was what had to be done and I feel as though his daycare has taught him so much and he has advanced much more quickly than had it just been me and him, but now, I feel like I'm missing out.

He is <this> close to walking! I cannot miss that. I already have mommy guilt but if I miss that, I think it will send me into a mommy depression but I do miss being home with him. Having our snowed-in days have made me realize that time is flying by and he has this funny, loving personality. He has tantrums (which I find adorable AND frustrating at the same time) and when he is sick, I know what he needs and wants more than anyone ever could. But, how else could I afford our life if I don't stay a working mom full time? Well, I found this lovely calculator from Parents.com that is suppose to help us determine if and when we can afford it:


Your Income

Step 1: Enter Your Monthly Income

Total: This is your after-tax (net) annual earnings now

Step 2: Enter Your Potential Stay-at-Home Monthly Income

Your Expenses

Step 1: Enter Your Monthly Home and Living Expenses

Total: This is your total yearly outlay for basic living expenses

STEP 2: Enter Your Monthly Childcare Expenses

Total: This is your total yearly childcare cost

STEP 3: Enter Your Monthly Work Expenses

Total: This is your total yearly work cost

STEP 4: Enter Any Other Annual Expenses

Total: This is your total yearly extras cost
* Disclaimer: This is meant to be a basic tool for estimating expenses and the economic feasibility of stay-at-home parenting. You should confer with your accountant or financial planner before making decisions about living on one full-time salary or two.


I'm sure this isn't 100% accurate but at least it's a ballpark figure and a helpful way of determining what my husband will have to do to get this going ;)! Sorry, babe. 

Here is the link:


Comments

  1. I'm going to share this with one of my employees. Your family is beautiful and amazing, as are you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts