Melted

While the Melted product isn't a brand new product from Too Faced, this is the first time I've tried it.

The product comes in 18 different shades. If you shop at Sehora or Ulta then the choices may be limited as they were when I was there. 

The reason I even decided to try it was because I went to two different Sephoras looking for Kat Von D's Berlin lip stain. Everyone has been raving about it and I wanted to try it. The first Sephora didn't have anymore nor did they even have a sample but the second one did! I tried it in store and I liked it. It was a slightly brighter, red, matte lip stain which wasn't too intense for my complexion. When I looked for it to purchase the sales woman informed me that they were all out and that because she is repackaging her products they are not getting anymore in any time soon. 

As I walked around dissapointed, I was determined to leave with at least a little something. So I looked around. The longer I stayed in the store with the Berlin lip stain on my lips, the more uncomfortable it became. My lips felt like cement. They felt like they would crack if I opened my mouth to smile they were so dry! I looked in the mirror and my lips looked like they were completely chapped! I thought a little gloss may fix it but then what's the purpose of buying a matte lip stain to just make it glossy? Enter Melted.

I didn't want to like it and for $22.00 a piece I really didn't want to like 2 of them! But I did...

Here is the description of the product as described by Too Faced:

"Get the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in one long-wear formula. Using exclusive technology to keep cauldrons of molten lipsticks liquid and creamy, Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense, high-impact, super rich, saturated color that lasts for hours."

It's true. It feels like a stain but doesn't dry you out and while the color does last a while, I wouldn't say it lasts as long as they make it seem. But that's ok...a girl needs to reapply her lipstick if she is normal and gives out kisses or eats or drinks or bites her fingernails so it didn't bother me. For those looking for an lip-gloss-stain hybrid, I would definitely recommend this product. 

Out of the few colors I tried, I decided on the two colors I wanted. I knew I would only really use the lighter, more subtle one the most, but couldn't help but think of being a little risky this summer and going for a bright lip here and there. I was all set to get both as I walked to the checkout, so imagine my shock to find a little box with a full size version of the one I liked a lot with a smaller version of the more daring one for $25.00! Saved me a good $20.00! :) Score!






The top color was too much for me so I settled on the bottom two. They are called Melted Peony and Melted Metallic Dream House. Since I didn't even like the top one, I haven't bothered to find the name. I'm lazy, I know.

Below is me wearing the Melted Peony color:


PS- apparently it looks like my chin is photoshopped. I promise you, it is not. I do not even know how to photoshop, it's just my iPhone. Besides if I did I would have used it to remove that pimple on my upper lip lol.

Comments

Popular Posts