My One Piece Of Advice

The one piece of advice to anyone is to find a safe haven. Find someone or some place that accepts you for all you are. All of your flaws. All of your anxieties and all of your beliefs and passions. 

I'm saying this because it can get lonely. The world and the people in it can be cruel and unforgiving and everyone deserves a place or a person that gives them acceptance and peace. 

Whether you go to therapy or a night out with a friend or you blog or attend church; have that be yours and don't let anyone take it away from you or convince you you don't need it. Because you do and you deserve a place or person that makes you happy, even if it's just for a little while. 

My place is here and hearing from friends and strangers about how they can relate to things that I am going through when the people closest to me sometimes can't, is very powerful. It makes this journey I am on and this new stage of life feel less lonely. It makes my feelings feel validated. 

Have you ever been told that "you're wrong" or "crazy" or have you been just plain dismissed by others in a certain aspect of your life? Then you need to find this place or this person that doesn't make you feel that way. Everyone deserves to feel safe and happy.

Comments

Popular Posts