Stuck In Limbo

I am in a love/hate relationship with clothing. I love watching YouTube videos and seeing fashion in magazine and even on actual people roaming the streets and I think "I want that", but then when I get to the mall, I have a hard time finding anything these days. I'm stuck in this limbo still where, I am not young enough to be girl but I'm not old enough to dress like my mother. I'm in the 30 something limbo and I'm not even 30 yet.

I have been to the mall countless times since giving birth, but have yet to really purchase anything other than a few pairs of pants. I would love to, don't get me wrong. I am all about buying what you need and for a while I have been in desperate need for some tops. Nothing fancy and nothing crazy, just some tops I can wear with jeans and shorts and leggings and call it a day. The problem with this? I go into Forever21 and I am instantly reminded (while pushing a stroller) that I am NOT 21 anymore. The tops there barely cover one of my boobs. I go into Charlotte Russe and I am sent into a panic attack just trying to have my eyes adjust to the tribal and floral prints. I am not young, the jig is up, I have a kid and a real life and although the price may be right, the style screams "this is not me". Old Navy is too plain for me and too...old woman-ish, although I do like their jeans. Hollister, although their sweatshirts are literally the most comfortable ever...I cannot dress like a high schooler while trying to convince myself and others that I am a mature and responsible wife and wife. It feels like I'm putting on a costume wherever I go. JCPenney...ick. I cannot take their clothing and my mom shops there. The only thing I need from that department store is Sephora. Gap, Macy's, American Eagle...I just can't.

The only luck I have had so far is H&M. Perhaps I should start my journey there, otherwise, I am considering ordering a bunch of shit online and just returning whatever doesn't fit or that I hate. Also, being in the mall these days or outlets seems to be like stepping into another world. When did girls start dressing like little women of the night? Short shorts with crop tops. See through shirts and skimpy skirts. I get the whole "if you got it flaunt it" but isn't their an appropriate age and place for that? It makes me uncomfortable seeing it and to know that there are grown men gawking at these barely legal teens makes me sick to my stomach and I want to cover them up and send them home to their parents. Ok, now I sound like my mother so perhaps I should just try Dress Barn...womp womp.

Comments

Popular Posts