Is That What You're Wearing?

Long, long ago in a body far, far away, this girl use to know what style was. Since I went from a very comfortable size 9, to big enough to carry an almost 9 lb baby, my clothing options had become less about style and more about comfort. Skip to after baby was born, I could not wait to have my old clothes taken out of storage and back into my sparse closet. I was ready to throw away all things that screamed "MATERNITY". 

I was ready to feel like my old self again. I was ready to look like I use to. This was it! Ten months I had waited for this moment! I emptied my closet, packing away all things that reminded me of how huge I had been. I delightfully said farewell. "So long elastic waist bands! Toodle-loo potato sack shirts!"

Very carefully I unfolded my stored items. These clothes had not seen the light of day in months. I was gentle as I revealed each piece, laying them out on my bed. "Hello my old friends!"

My 20 pairs of skinny jeans in an array of colors, stared back at me as though to say; "We've missed you! What are you waiting for? Put us on!" Hell, I thought you'd never ask!

Right leg in, left leg, pull up..."I said, pull up. Pull up damn it!!" 

Oh silly, silly girl... Jean, after jean. Shorts after shorts. Bra after very expensive bra later reality hit. although I look almost back to normal, it has only been 6 weeks  and apparently, that baby weight sticks around longer than I'd expected. 

I walked back to my closet in defeat and began to hang up my maternity clothes; with a sigh I mumbled; "hello... old friends." :(

I guess I need to venture to the mall...

Comments

Popular Posts