Ahhhhhhhhh ... The Weekend

Friday to Sunday is a complete blur to me. In both a good and bad way. There is always so much that gets jammed into a weekend that it's becoming harder for it to be a relaxing time as well as for me to remember what the hell actually is happening. 

Back in the day, I was able to just get up, get ready and go where ever my four wheels and wallet would take us. Now, it's a little bit more complicated. The weekend has become a catch all for every thing we cannot do during the week. This means all the boring things that need to get done before we end up on an episode of Hoarding: Buried Alive on TLC. 


It's hard to do most of it by myself during the week no matter how hard I try when constantly caring for a newborn. I usually run around the house Monday-Friday cleaning this or that, remembering to pay this bill or that bill and running myself ragged because I'm hoping I can get it all done before baby wakes up from his (getting shorter) naps. So unfortunately, that's partly what the weekend is for. But it's also for family time. :) 


Because we are so busy with two kids and a house and our own personal needs (like eating and taking care of ourselves), outings have been a nice way to get out and do some things as a family. And I absolutely LOVE it. Getting ready and the journey is of course hectic and chaotic but I love having time where we aren't running around to the stores, doing laundry or washing dishes. I love experiencing even the most mundane things with my son, like a walk around the block because even though I may have seen that tree a million times in my life, this is his first and that feeling is incredible. 


I also take pride in showing off my family to the outside world. This is something that I only get to do one or two times during the week, if I'm lucky. This is also something that I don't think anyone knows. I am very proud of us. I usually post a million pictures on facebook and take a billion for my own personal stash because I'm proud of every smile, every laugh and every accomplishment. :) 





Comments

Popular Posts