Something Old (and ugly) Is New Again

Valspar Peach Taffy

My husband and I are in the process of choosing paint for our living room. (FINALLY!) I cannot take anymore brown or dark colors! When I moved in over 2 years ago, the living room was is brown, the entryway and dining room were dark, dark blue (which clashed with everything). The kitchen was...well... disgusting shades of tangerine and puke brownish-green, the upstairs was dark red and more dark blue and the master bedroom had not been painted in about 12 years. Then, luckily...I came along. :) Call me the decorating fairy.

Now every room is light colored and airy and has a flow. The only thing missing is the living room, so we have a few different color samples to choose from. The color above was a sample that was just too bright for a whole room, but perfect for little projects. I am not one to let things go to waste, if you could'nt  by now.

We had these brown iron hooks that look old and vintage. I like the design but hate that brown, dark, rusty color. So... I put that sample paint to good use and painted over them. I'm no pro but they came out pretty good!  I hung them back up in the entryway and it already looks brighter and more inviting. 

I also hated the ugly, red front door. I had some light blue left over and decided, what the hell. Guess what? I love that too! I just feel as thought bright colors make you feel happy and are much more appealing than dark colors. I have to say...I am instantly happier! Some people think you have to purchase these little knick knacks that will enhance or brighten  up your house, but really, you probably have things lying around that you can just redo. This took only 15 minutes and was done with materials I already had from previous products. I'm not a big spray painter, but even some spray paint could work. Or, you can find little things that are used for one thing and turn it into something completely different.

Hope you've been inspired...

Comments

Popular Posts