Look What I Got!!!

NAKED & POREFESSIONAL!

I'm so excited that I finally went and got the Porefessional by Benefit at Sephora. Of course, I also needed some liquid foundation and some pressed powder, so I thought I'd give the Urban Decay Naked Skin products a try. 

I'm going to start with the Naked Skin products. I love UD and I love their eyeshadow primers and eyeshadows so I thought, why not try the rest of their Naked line? Well, I'm super happy with this product. I'm use to using Maybelline liquid foundations and there are multiple shades to choose from. For example the Maybelline Liquid Mousse comes in 12 shades which are usually displayed in their stores. But at Sephora, there were only 4 shades to choose from however, all 18 shade are available online. I could not jut choose one online without trying it out in stores, so I suppose I would suggest that both Sephora and UD allow for more shades to be sold in stores for their clients.



I have very fair skin, with a slightly pink undertone, so I chose the shade .5 which is the closest I could find to a Porcelain Ivory in comparison to the drugstore brands and also happens to be the lightest color in the Naked Skin line. This product is also vegan friendly. After I shook it up and applied it at home, I could tell the difference right away from any Maybelline or Covergirl or drugstore foundation I have used in the past. The Naked Skin liquid was much lighter, smoother and creamier than the others. It also blended really well and lasts through the day without looking cakey or making my skin look dried and cracked around my laugh lines or forehead, which is where I usually notice my other foundation wearing throughout the day. If I were to choose between spending the extra money, I think it's $40.00 for the UD Naked Skin Liquid Foundation or going the cheaper route for a drugstore brand, I would choose the UD. The quality and the longevity is worth the extra money. No reapplying needed which means your money will go a long way with this product. 



The UD Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder is also worth the price! I have never had a powder that went on so smooth and complimented my skin so well. It felt so fresh on my face the minute I put it on. It was light and did not need reapplying for hours! It did not cake up or fade away throughout the day like most powders do. I even used the application pad that came with the product and I didn't hate it. I usually use a powder brush but the application pad worked just as well for all over coverage. But, same as the liquid, there were only a few shades to choose from in Sephora. It irks me when women buy the wrong shade and the difference between their neck and face is so obvious, just a shade or two lighter and they would match. That's why I feel it is so important to try the shades BEFORE you purchase or else you will look like a clown and have wasted your money. My shade was the lightest, Fair Cool. Plus the packaging is super cute and sleek. This was definitely worth the $36.00 because without having to reapply the powder throughout the day, it lasts a lot longer and therefore you do not have to purchase it as often, making your money go further.


Let me start off by saying...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

Amazing. My skin is in love. Seriously, it is begging me to put this product on everyday. I have used a lot of primers and they have felt greasy and slick and I didn't really see any difference in my skin before applying or after applying makeup, for instance the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer for $10.00 at Target. If I were to compare the two, the Porefessional is tinted and fills in my pores which allows my skin to look completely smooth and becomes the perfect canvas to apply makeup to. It is so light feeling that I forget I even put it on to begin with. With the Revlon product, my skin felt greasy. For $30.00, I would buy the Porefessional over and over and over again. It is completely worth the money and all the hype. My only regret is that I did not try it sooner. I also press the primer into my skin where my pores are more noticeable, usually by my cheeks. I really want it to get into my pores to cover them up and it has been working. 


My skin is also super sensitive and I have not broken out at all, so if anyone is afraid of trying new skin products, none of these products I have mentioned have done any damage to my skin. I have not broken out with pimples or even hives (yes, hives...I'm that sensitive).

So overall...go buy these products!! 




Comments

Popular Posts