My First Birchbox!-JULY


So my first Birchbox was kinda disappointing. I shop at both high end makeup stores and drugstores, I do not discriminate. However, sometimes the products I think are going to be amazing and worth the money turn out to be lacking. So for $10.00 a month, why not sample and buy a real winner?! 

I first created my beauty profile, which is all about you so you can't choose a wrong answer or guesstimate an answer like on Justfab.com because seriously, that site is horrible, but I digress. Then I chose what are some product types I'd like to have sent to me. Very simple. 

So this was my first box and here's what the inside looked like:


If you go onto their website or app you will get a full description of each product. But since this is my blog and my opinion, I'm just going to give a brief description.


1) Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner in black- I LOVED it. It's my favorite item in the box! It goes on super smooth and looks completely, full black. One pass along your bottom lash line and you have great coverage, unlike my Urban Decay Eyeliners which are very waxy and need a few passes before it kinda covers enough. However, my Maybeline Unstopable Onyx Eyeliner does the same thing for about $12.00 less, as the full size version of this Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner is $16.00.

2) Naobay Body Radiance Lotion-STINKS! It smells exactly as you would imagine a natural and organic lotion would smell like. It's such a hard scent to describe because there is no defining scent. It's also very watery as far as lotions go. Not for me.

3) Real Chemistry Peel-NEVER AGAIN. I tried to apply this serum in circular motion as it says, in a very thin layer and as soon as I began, white clumps formed at my finger tips and fell to the floor. So right there, I feel it's not a very good product to use, especially around children or animals. If you aren't prepared for those falling clumps, they can end up anywhere, shirt, floor, chest. It's also an acne control serum, but since I do not experience acne, I don't feel the need to use this product.

4)Supergoop CC Cream- Now this I liked! It was a tiny bit off my usual color, but still light enough to blend into my skin and finish with my powder. As far as the foundation goes, it's light. Air light. And creamy! My face felt so smooth after applying and not at all caked up or oily. It actual blended well with my face powder and blush that I applied over top. I may go for this!

5)Imperial Gardenia- I'm all about floral fragrances but there was just something about this perfume that had my nose begging for a close pin. 

So for my first box, 2 out of 5 ain't too bad. I wish there was more beauty products rather than lotion and a face serum, but I can always request more of products or less of products in my profile. Let's see what August has in store for me.

Comments

Popular Posts