On A Serious Note...

I have been up since 10 pm it is now almost 330. This is because my son has hit a new milestone; rolling over. While at first I was elated and taken over by a huge sense of pride for this accomplishment, I am now seeing things in a different perspective. I'm actually more nervous than anything and it's a milestone for me as a new mommy as well!

Just a bit of a background on me. I'm very responsible and aware of what is safe and unsafe for my child. Not only from what I've read but instinctually as well. I pay all of his medical bills and insurance (as astronomically high as those bills are) to make sure he is always covered. I keep him away from sick children, enclosed places, toys with tiny pieces and I never leave him alone. He is basically wrapped in a bubble at all times, that's how protective I am. 

Since he began really rolling over, I have noticed he does this in his sleep now. He will start on his back, roll to his side and then eventually begin to turn all the way over onto his stomach, trapping his arm underneath his torso. This of course makes it a struggle for him to get in a confortable and breathable position. So I am awake with him (as any parent would be) trying to get the poor baby and myself back to sleep, but the vicious cycle continues. I feel he is not ready for a crib just yet because he has not entirely mastered rolling over and what to do when he finds himself face down with only one arm free. So he has stayed in the bassinet, which is beginning to seem a bit more dangerous. As a result, I put him in my bed, clear of pillows and sheets so that I can make sure he will not roll over for a little while and get some much needed sleep. Afterall, I'm the one up with him the entire time and if I'm exhasuted I can only imagine how he must feels during this nightly struggle. 

I'm wondering if I should bring the crib into my bedroom for a bit, so he gets use to it and I can still make sure he is OK while he begins this new phase? Thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts