My Letter To Gerber


I rarely write to companies. If something is wrong with whatever I purchase I just suck it up and move on. In this case however, there has been a noticeable shortage on my son's 3rd Generation Gerber Foods at nearly all of my local retailers. After trying Target, Shoprite, Walmart and Diapers.com, I felt I had no other choice than to try and figure out what was going on.

I explained that there are simply no more 3rd Generation foods and asked where I could find them. I did notice that the sparse collections I did find were all marked down and being "discontinued". This has made finding my son's basic foods nearly impossible!

I wrote to Gerber asking where I could find this product or if there is something going on that I should know about and if this is a common complaint they have been hearing. Basically I was asking the company that supplies my son's main source of food and nutrition what was going on. Here was their reply:


Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry you are unable to find Gerber® 3rd Foods® products in 6oz glass jars on the shelves. We are excited to let you know, we are launching new Gerber® 3rd Foods® Lil’ Bits™ recipes in 5oz 2-pack plastic tubs. Depending on your retailer, you may expect to see them on shelf any time starting with late-March.

Best wishes from your friends @ gerber.com.

So this did nothing to help me. While I'm glad they are excited about their smaller replacement foods called Lil' Bits, I'm disappointed that A) nothing was said about this change to warn consumers of babies in need of such a product and B) that they are leaving things up to the retailers to stock the shelves with this new product at their own discretion. Because like I said, I cannot find ANYTHING and its mid-April. 

Comments

Popular Posts