MUST READ

A friend of mine posted an article she found on Facebook. It could not have come at a better time. My blog has been about constantly finding a balance of being a mother and myself. It has been about the amazing gift my body was able to give me and the curse it has become. Before reading the article below, I was speaking to my cousin who also had a baby about a year and a half ago. I asked her if I could ask her a serious question and that question was "did you have a hard time adjusting to the new body you had after baby". What she replied was an honest answer and one that is never talked about, even between mothers! So we are all going through the same thing (body issues) but no one is out there discussing it and reassuring each other that they are not alone. 

I had a complete meltdown when I got home from the mall today. I picked a few pairs of shorts in a size I personally have never been in in my life and even those didn't fit! I am apparently too bootylicious for even the Kardashian line! How is that possible? Kim? Khloe? Explain please. I hope that I can share this woman's article who is in the same situation that I am currently in with as many new mothers as possible. I too feel like I lost my sexy as she describes, but knowing that I am not alone in feeling all of the feelings I currently am about myself, how I am lucky and cursed by my body at the same time, is VERY reassuring and I would hope it's discussed more. 

Here is the link to the article below:

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/beauty-after-baby-the-honest-truth-91067788363.html?soc_src=mags

Comments

Popular Posts